I had a taste for turkey wings for about a week and I finally gotten a chance to make them. I had such a busy week there was so much going on. I had been running around here and there and life was hectic but I finally made it to my butcher to purchase these fresh and small turkey wings so sit back and enjoy this recipe I got a feeling you will be keeping this recipe close by.
Sweet & Savory Baby Turkey Wings
- 9 turkey wings I used small turkey wings
- 1/2 cup vinegar for soaking turkey wings
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 3 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp herb de provence I used 3 tsp
- 2 garlic cloves choppped
- 1 yellow onion meduim or half of a large onion roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup garlic sauce
This is the Garlic sauce that makes this dish taste so good.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse turkey wings lightly and pat dry turkey wings with paper towel. Add the olive oil and rub over the turkey wings then add the first 5 ingredients and make sure to season all turkey wings well then add the chopped yellow onions, chopped garlic and the 2 bay leaves.
- Cover the Pan with foil tightly and put in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes (do not add water to the pan the turkey wings will make their own water.)
- Once they have cooked remove the foil and drain off the water with a strainer and leave about 3 tbsp of the juices in the pan, add back any of the onions and garlic back into the pan. Brush the turkey wings with the garlic sauce this is a very important ingredient to making these wings sweet and savory the vinegar soak is what gives them the savor taste. Put the wings back into the oven uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
*The Oriental Garlic Sauce is an important ingredient to this dish, I buy it from Keyfood or Pathmark Supermarket.
*I removed the hairs and any feathers from my baby wings. I soaked the turkey wings in about half a cup of white vinegar over night with enough water just to cover the wings. Wings can soak in brine for at least 1 to 2 hours if not overnight but I find that overnight tenderizes the meat but it is not mandatory the turkey wings will be tender and delicious just a recommendation.