Spicy Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Adding some red pepper flakes gives this dish that added kick.
- 1 1 lb bag brussel sprouts
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin or organic refined coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black fresh pepper
- 2-3 tbsp shallots, chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar reduction optional
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Wash brussel sprouts and drain off excess water, pat dry with paper towel and cut brussel sprouts in half.
Add brussel sprouts, shallots, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes on to a sheet pan or cookie sheet add the olive oil and mix well then spread out evenly on to the sheet pan, do not over-crowd the pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until fork tender and a little crisp but not burnt.
Drizzle the balsamic vinegar reduction and serve immediately and enjoy
*Be sure to check and shake your brussel sprouts in the pan or stir gently with a wooden spoon every 5 minutes so they cook evenly and do not burn.
*use organic ingredients when possible