I made this soup on a whim, I was sitting in my kitchen thinking out loud to Buttercup my beautiful Yorkie and said to her I am feeling like soup again Yes I know I just made a cream of broccoli soup and I am just in a soup mode since August ended. This soup is made from what I had in my pantry and believe me it came together in no time at all.
- 12-14 large shrimps deveined, rinse and cut in to 3 pieces
- 1/3 thin spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3-4 carrots chopped into about 1 inch in thickness
- 2 scallions stalks chopped into 1/2 inches
- 2 tsp chives (fresh)
- 1 15 oz can beef broth low sodium
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 tsp chicken base
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a pot of boiling water add the spaghetti and cook for about 6 minutes only drain and set aside.
- In a small pot cook the carrots until done for about 12 to 15 minutes until tender drain and set aside.
- In medium pot add the beef broth, 3 cups of water and add the chicken base on low heat.
- In a skillet on medium heat add the shrimps and cook for about 3 minutes only about 1 minute and a 1/2 on each side they will continue to cook in the pot with the broth.
- once done add the shrimp, spaghetti carrots, scallions, soy sauce and fish sauce into the pot with the broth and season with the salt and pepper to your taste and let cook for about 10 minutes covered.
- Once cooked serve in a bowl and garnish with the fresh chives.
*This soup is good to eat if you have a cold, or if you don't, it has such a healing effect and such a light and airy soup. I truly hope you enjoy this soup as much as I did.