Shrimp Pasta With Pesto Sauce
- 1/2 lb medium- large shrimp (12 shrimps)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided (extra virgin)
- 1/2 box pasta
- 10-12 grape tomatoes (halved)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp pesto sauce
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 2tsp fresh parsley (garnish )
- 1/2-1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Fill a medium pot with water and cover on medium heat.
- Deveined and clean shrimps, split the shrimp all the way to the tail but do not cut all the way through the tail leave about an inch from the tail. I learned that from Auntie Fee, Rip.
- Rinse your shrimp well discarding the vein and let it sit in a strainer to drain off the excess water. In the meantime chop your garlic and parsley and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Salt your pasta to the boiling water after about 3 minutes using a 10-inch pan add the oil to the pan, I used a black cast iron pan, then add the garlic and cook it for about 2 minutes add the shrimps and cook for about 2 minutes on each side (total pasta cook time is 7 minutes), the pasta should cook aldente’, be sure to reserve a cup of pasta water and set aside. Transfer the pasta using a tong to the shrimps add the tomatoes, the shrimps will finish cooking add the pesto sauce, half of the pasta water and bring it all together gently using your tong.
- Garnish with the fresh parsley and serve immediately.