This sauce is versatile
- 1 cup organic fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup organic fresh basil chopped
- 2 tbsp organic garlic cloves 4-5 cloves chopped
- 3/4 cup organic pine nuts chopped
- 1/4 cup organic raw walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly shredded
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese freshly shredded
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp juice of a fresh lemon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Add all the above-mentioned ingredients into the food processor or blender except the olive oil, salt, and pepper on the pulse setting pulse a few times until mixed well. Continue to pulse and slowly drizzle the olive oil into the processor or blender once you have a nice spreadable consistency stop the processor add the salt and pepper to taste.
Store in a mason jar and freeze, the pesto sauce freezes well and can last well over 6 months, I normally place plastic wrap over the top of the pesto sauce before I seal it to freeze. When I am ready to use I Just take the jar out of the freezer and set it on the counter until it soften some and I am able to spoon out what I need to use. You can also fill an ice tray with the pesto sauce and freeze until ready to use.
*I add this sauce to pasta, rice, and roasted potatoes just to name a few.