- 2-3 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 25 meatballs (Wegman frozen meatballs)
- 10 ounces block mozzarella cheese (shredded )
- 16 ounces marinara sauce (I made my own)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley divided (garnish)
- 1/2-3/4 Cup parmesan reggiano cheese divided (grated)
Add the sauce after browning.
Make sure to cover the dish with the cheeses.
Remove from oven once bubbly and gooey .
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add two tablespoon of the oil on medium-high heat once heated add the meatballs and brown for about 4-5 minutes on each side in the meantime, shred all cheeses and set aside in different bowls.
- Chop your fresh parsley and divide set aside.
- Once both sides of the meatballs have browned add the sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the mozzarella cheese over the dish then sprinkle about 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese and reserve some for garnish sprinkle 1 tbsp of parsley over the dish.
- Bake for about 15-20 or until it is nice and the cheese is bubbly and gooey.
- Once heated thoroughly and plated you can garnish with the remaining parsley and parmesan cheese and serve immediately.