- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 10-12 grape tomatoes chopped or halved
- 1/2 purple small onion chopped
- 1-3 tsp cilantro chopped
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest
- 1-3 dashes habanero sauce or chile pepper seeded chopped
- 1/2-1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium size bowl add all the ingredients except the avocado, lemon juice, salt and the pepper. Using a spatula mix the ingredients.
- Once the ingredients are added to the bowl you can cut open the avocado vertically watch out for your fingers, with a twist the avocado should open and the pit should stay inside one half of the avocado, remove the pit by carefully placing a knife diagonally across the pit with a twist the pit should easily come out onto the knife.
- In a separate bowl using a spoon scoop out the flesh and place in the bowl and mash with a fork leaving some chunks for texture squeeze the lemon juice over the flesh before it browns and add it to the bowl with the other ingredients, now add the salt and pepper mix gently once incorporated place into martini glasses and enjoy.
You can add more or less habanero sauce be mindful a little goes a long way.
Serving this dish in a martini glass for your guest is so awesome. When you have your next get together or barbecue try serving this to your guest in a martini glass it looks so classy and elegant your guest will get a kick out it.
I make my own pita chips or you can toast sour dough bread and cut into bite size pieces, french bread is great also.
*use as many organic ingredients as possible