This salad dressing is simple and it is a winner. I am on a new journey and trying to eat clean but it does not mean that you can not enjoy your food. This dressing is just that good.
Coconut Oil Salad Dressing
- 4 tbsp organic coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar I used Braggs
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 juice of a fresh organic lemon
- 2 tbsp shallot, minced 1 small shallot or half of a large one
- 2-3 organic garlic cloves minced
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch black fresh pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes optional
In a mason jar add all the ingredients and shake until mixed well. This dressing tastes better as it marries. Coconut oil solidifies and you need to warm it up before every use. I keep it in the refrigerator and warm it up in the microwave before I use it. I love this dressing the way it is but you can add honey or agave nectar as a sweetener.