Spicy Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Adding some red pepper flakes gives this dish that added kick.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 people
Calories 1 kcal
- 1 1 lb bag brussel sprouts
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin or organic refined coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black fresh pepper
- 2-3 tbsp shallots, chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar reduction optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash brussel sprouts and drain off excess water, pat dry a with paper towel cut brussel sprouts in half.
- Add brussel sprouts, shallots, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes on to a sheet pan or cookie sheet add the olive oil and mix well then spread out evenly on to the sheet pan, do not over-crowd the pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until fork-tender and a little crisp but not burnt.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar reduction and serve immediately and enjoy.
*Be sure to check and shake your brussel sprouts in the pan or stir gently with a wooden spoon every 5 minutes so they cook evenly and do not burn.
*use organic ingredients when possible