This soup I made today in no time at all it is a very simple and easy with very little ingredients. I have seriously been in a soup mood and I promised that I would get this simple recipe out today so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 1 bunch broccoli cut into florets
- 3 carrots chopped into 1 inch in thicknes
- 5 tbsp olive oil divided extra virgin
- 2 garlic cloves whole
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp parsely (fresh) garnish
- 2 tsp chicken base
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg (whole) optional
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheeese
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp arrow root (optional) thickening agent
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and wash and prepare broccoli by cutting and separating them into florets and set aside, peel the carrots rinse and cut into 1 inch in thickness. Lay the broccoli onto a sheet pan and drizzle 3 tbsp of olive oil and coat evenly, season with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp of the pepper.
- Lay the carrots onto a sheet pan and the two garlic cloves and drizzle the remainder of the olive oil and coat evenly and season with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Put both pans in the oven together and cook the broccoli for only 15 minutes remove from oven and take about 1/2 cup of the the broccoli florets and set aside in a separate bowl to be used later and let the carrots remain in the oven for 5 minutes longer a total of 20 minutes. Once done set aside.
- In the meantime add the 3 cups of water on low heat and add the 2 tsp of chicken base and let simmer then add the cook broccoli, carrots and garlic and puree using a hand held blender and pulse until pureed, once pureed add the heavy cream, broccoli florets and let simmer for 5 minutes if the soup is not thick enough you can now add the arrow root in a small bowl and mix with 1/2 tsp of water and add to the soup let simmer for 5 about minutes.
- In a bowl add the soup and sprinkle with cheddar cheese, garnish with the fresh parsley and enjoy.
*If you don't have a hand held blender you may use a blender and pulse until pureed if the broccoli and carrot is dry add about 1/2 cup of water from the pot for the soup and puree. Once Pureed add the ingredient into the pot along with the broccoli florets that was set aside and simmer for 5 minutes.