Tomato Soup in a can taken to a new level
Sometimes we need to take the shortcut and create a simple semi-homemade meal that is quick and delicious.
- 1 15 oz tomato basil soup I used progresso hearty
- 12 grape tomatoes halved or whole
- 12 shrimps large, deveined
- 1 avocado sliced or chopped into 1/4 inch chunks
- 1 tbsp fresh chives chopped for garnish, optional
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped, divided
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped, divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper divided
- 1/4 tsp sugar optional
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Clean and devein your shrimps well, drain off any excess water using a colander.
- Season the shrimp with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp of black pepper, 1/4 tsp paprika and 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic.
- In a medium pot on low heat add 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp fresh basil, 1/4 tsp black pepper and stir for about 2 minutes then add the grape tomatoes, can tomato soup, add the sugar, let simmer on low heat.
- In a pan add the rest of the olive oil over medium heat add the shrimp and cook on both sides for about 2 minutes each side. Once cooked set aside in a separate dish they will continue to cook when added to the soup.
- Slice open the avocado and remove the pit and cut into 1/4 inch slices and then into 1/4 inch chunks add the lemon juice over the avocado be very careful when handling avocado use a rubber spatula to gently turn to coat with the lemon juice set aside. The lemon will stop the avocado from turning brown.
- Add the shrimp to the soup and the rest of the basil and simmer about 3 minutes on low heat.
- The dish is ready to serve, once you place the soup in a bowl you can add the avocado and garnish with the fresh parsley, chives and serve immediately.
*You can also garnish with some fresh Parmesan Cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese and get you some good crusty bread and enjoy.
*Use as many organic products as you can