Honey Glazed Ham
— Read on cookingwithdeborah.com/honey-glazed-ham/
This is so good!!!
- 2 yellow ripe mangos
- 1 small ripe hass avocado, or half of a medium/large
- 1 tbsp coconut manna, optional
- 2 cups coconut water
- 6-8 cups of ice
- 1 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut, for garnish
- 1-3 tsp honey
- In a blender add all the ingredients except 2 cups of the ice, the coconut chips and honey blend all ingredients until it is a thick and smooth consistency.
- used a ninja blender on the smoothie settings, any blender will do just blend until your smoothies is nice and thick..
- If you find the consistency is not thick enough add another cup of ice until you acquire your level of thickness add honey until blended garnish with the shredded coconut and enjoy.
- I love to add coconut mana it adds such flavor to my smoothies as well as my frozen pina coladas as well it is a great stapler to have in your pantry.
*You can also substitute and garnish with coconut chips.
*Use as many organic products as possible.
— Read on cookingwithdeborah.com/pesto-sauce/
If you never make this sauce again make it once I guarantee this will be a stapler in your freezer to add too your soups, pastas dish, salad dressing, to roast or stew a chicken. So many uses this pesto sauce have…. you an buy it from the store but it is nothing like making your own.
Spicy Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Adding some red pepper flakes gives this dish that added kick.
- 1 1 lb bag brussel sprouts
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin or organic refined coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black fresh pepper
- 2-3 tbsp shallots, chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar reduction optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash brussel sprouts and drain off excess water, pat dry a with paper towel cut brussel sprouts in half.
- Add brussel sprouts, shallots, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes on to a sheet pan or cookie sheet add the olive oil and mix well then spread out evenly on to the sheet pan, do not over-crowd the pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until fork-tender and a little crisp but not burnt.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar reduction and serve immediately and enjoy.
*Be sure to check and shake your brussel sprouts in the pan or stir gently with a wooden spoon every 5 minutes so they cook evenly and do not burn.
*use organic ingredients when possible
This will be your go to salad all year around.
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup fresh ripe pineapple cubed 1/4 inch
- 12 Kalamata pitted olives sliced in half
- 12 grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 purple onion chopped
- 3-4 tsp organic cilantro chopped
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest optional
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1/2-1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1-3 drops habanero hot sauce
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients except the avocado, salt, pepper and the habanero sauce. Mix the ingredients with spatula, slice open the avocado vertically and remove pit place both avocado face down and cut about 1/4 inch cubes.
- Place in a separate bowl and squeeze the fresh lemon over the avocado and mix gently with a spatula add the avocado to the other ingredients and then add the salt, pepper and habanero sauce, gently mix, being careful not to break up the avocado cubes and refrigerate for 30 minutes so the flavors will marinate and enjoy immediately.
This is my favorite salad I enjoy it all year round with minor changes.
*use as many organic product as possible.