I have cooked since I can remember, I have always enjoyed cooking as I explained in my (About Me) page. I had started a new job and I was working rotating shifts and working lots of overtime and my cooking habits had declined. My daughter and I began to eat out a lot, if we did not go out we would order our food and go around the corner to this pizza shop and pick up our food. It had gotten so bad that we may have eaten from there almost everyday because of me working rotating shifts. My daughter stayed with her grandmother when I worked midnight or the midday day shifts that is when she ate a home cooked meal at her grandma’s home, when she was home with me we ate out because I was just too tired to cook. What stopped me from eating out was my daughter and I was gaining so much weight, I mean we just blew up and that is when I had decide that we will not be eating out and that I would cook our meals from then on. I really believe that was the best decision I could have ever made about our diet. It is very important I feel to cook your own food at home, I am not saying don’t go out to eat, I am simply saying that food cooked at home at least you know who touched your food and you can control what goes into your food meaning sugar, butter and salt.
When cooking at home you can involve and teach your child/children that cooking can be fun because children are like sponges they absorb so much and it really helps to prepare them as they grown into their own. To this day my daughter is a great cook and I truly believe cooking starts at home. My motto is there is nothing like a home cooked meal it is like food to your soul.
Jump to Recipe
I love to make this ham around Thanksgiving this recipe is simple and so easy to make. My mom always made this ham on all the holidays. I made a few changes of my own by adding cloves which my mom don’t like at all. If you do not like cloves omit them.
Honey Glazed Ham
Best ham ever hands down. This will be your holiday signature ham
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours 10 minutes
Servings 25 people
Calories 25 kcal
low sodium by Cooks
In its natural juice
organic raw honey
without the stems
soak them in water for about 5-10 minutes
with the stem attached
of the juice from the pineapples
This is how the ham should look once you place the pineapples, cherries, and the toothpicks are inserted to hold the fruits in place using three toothpicks to hold the pineapples and one for the cherry in the center.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the plastic seal that covers the shank bone on the front of the ham and discard. Rinse the ham and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place five or six pineapples and place them on top of the ham it should be three on the top and three or two on the back-end of the ham. Be sure to place the toothpicks as far as it can go but enough to be able to remove once the ham is done and cooled. Place the cloves around the ham and under the ham, place a few on the front, back and sides of ham, spreading them around the ham (see the above illustration).
- Sprinkle about 3 tbsp of the sugar on the ham, drizzle about 3 tbsp of the honey. Place the rest of the pineapples in the pan with the ham if you don"t eat them, I unusually eat one or two.
- Cover the ham with foil and roast for about 45 minutes then drizzle about 3 tbsp of the honey and sprinkle about 3 tbsp of brown sugar over the ham and baste the ham with the juices at this time add the rest of the pineapple juice from the pineapples cover and place the ham back into the oven.
- After about 1 hour and 30 minutes of cook time uncover the ham drizzle the rest of the honey and sprinkle the rest of the sugar over the ham and baste again with the juices, place the ham back into the oven uncovered basting every 10 minutes for 30 minutes. Your ham should be nice and golden brown.
*Once the ham have cooked cover the ham until the ham is cooled and the juices have distributed throughout the ham, cutting the ham before the cooling process will cause your juices to escape and causing you to have a dry ham and we do not what that to happen so wait about 30 to 40 minutes.