Slow Cooker Lamb Stew
- 2 lbs lamb stew
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- 2 tsp parprika
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for browning
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 red bell pepper roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, med or half of large roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 5-6 carrots organic (sm) 1/4 inch chopped
- 2 celery stalk chopped
- 5-6 red potato (sm) cut into 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tbsp rosemary (fresh) chopped
- 1 tsp thyme (fresh) chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 14.5 oz can of stew tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz beef broth low sodium
- 1/2 cup red wine I used sweet bitch a merlot
- 2-3 cups water just enough to cover the stew
- 1 tbsp arrow root (optional) thickening agent
- Season the lamb with the first three ingredients, make sure to well coat each piece then put in a ziplock bag for at least 1-2 hours and refrigerate so the seasoning can marinate into the meat.
- Heat oil in the pan on medium heat and dredge each piece into the flour and coat evenly, once the oil is nice and hot brown each peace on all sides and set into a large bowl until all pieces are browned on all sides.
- Add the meat and the remainder of the ingredients except the arrowroot into the slow cooker. I set my slow cooker on the high setting and cooked for 5 hrs and 30 minutes or until fork tender. Serve over a bed of rice.
- I added the arrowroot and mixed it in a small bowl with 1 tsp of water, 4 hours into the cooking process to thicken my stew.
*This dish can be cooked on top of the stove just cook on low heat for 1 1/2-2 hours or until the meat is fork tender.