[wprm-recipe-jump id=”517″] [wprm-nutrition-label]
Smoked Paprika Roasted Chicken with Spinach
This chicken is easy and simple to make.
- 4 chicken thighs (organic) (bone in)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 tsp smoke paprika
- 1 tsp granulate garlic
- 1 tsp tumeric (organic)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 10 oz fresh baby spinach (organic) (or more if you can fit it into the pan)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small dish add the six dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix all ingredient to create a rub make sure to pat dry your chicken and season both sides of the chicken, In the meantime in a large skillet on med/high heat add the olive oil and once hot place the chicken thighs in the pan skin side down and pan sear the meat for about two minutes, you are not cooking the chicken thighs but lightly browning the skin side only. Once lightly browned turn the skin side up and place in the hot oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add the spinach around the meat and in between the chicken and place back in the oven for 15 minutes. Once cooked this is optional I placed my dish in the broiler for 2 minutes just to give it that nice deep golden charred. Serve and enjoy.
*Wash chicken and pat dry, when I use chicken thighs I always remove any extra fat from the thigh and discard, I always soak my chicken in vinegar and salt with lemon for at least 30 minutes.
Use as many organic ingredients as possible
I love me some buffalo chicken wings but was not in the mood for wings and I was not in the mood for frying chicken so I said maybe I can still have the buffalo flavored chicken with out frying and the messy clean up so that is when I said instead of using wings maybe just use chicken breast and pan sear it then put it into the oven. That is just what I did and boy am I glad I did it. This was the best darn buffalo chicken I ever made without even frying and cleaning up all that mess plus it is a healthy way of enjoying the taste of buffalo chicken without frying.
Buffalo chicken with toasted slivered almonds, cranberries, homemade blue cheese dressing topped with bacon bits.
for the buffalo chicken
- 2 chicken breast (bone in)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 2 tbsp lemon vinagrette dressing (optional) (or Italian dressing)
for the Blue cheese dressing
- 3 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp mayonaise
- 2 tsp champagne vinegar or (white vinegar, white wine vinegar)
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp granulated garlic (I used 3tsp)
- 1 tsp black pepper (I used 2tsp)
- 2 bunch romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 6 strips bacon (I used butcher bacon)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 4 tbsp cranberries (dry) or (seedles red grapes)
- Cook bacon in oven on 375 for about 20 minutes or until golden and crisp, I cook mine in a broiler pan that have a drip pan on the bottom. Once cooled chop bacon into 1/4 pieces put a side.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and season the chicken with the first five ingredients, in the mean time heat a pan with the olive oil on medium heat once pan is hot add the chicken breast skin side down and pan sear it for about 3 minutes or until it is a light golden brown you are not cooking it just browning it a little. Once lightly brown turn skin side up and place into the oven for about 20 minutes.
- While chicken is in the oven heat a small pot on medium heat and add the hot sauce, butter and for some extra kick you can add 2 tablespoon of bottled Italian dressing, (I used a homemade lemon vinaigrette) and add it with the hot sauce, butter and cook for about 5 minutes until it is heated through and the butter is melted and set aside.
- In a small bowl add the blue cheese, buttermilk and mashed together with a fork until it is well mixed and resemble cottage cheese then add the sour cream and the rest of the ingredients and mix well, if it seems to be to thick add a little more vinegar to thin it out and store in a mason jar or a bowl with a tight lid and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once chicken is done brush the chicken with half of the sauce and put under the broiler on low with skin side up for about five minutes to brown after five minutes remove from oven and brush with the rest of the sauce and let cool. Once cooled separate the chicken from the bone and chop into bite size pieces/chunks which I prefer mine about 1/2 thick.
- In separate bowls add about 2 cups of lettuce add about 1/4 cup of chicken sprinkle some cranberries, almonds and the bacon bits and top with the blue cheese dressing and enjoy.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]