Shrimp Lo Mien My Way
- 1 1/2 lb large or extra large shirmps deveined I used extra large chopped into 3 to 4 pieces
- 1/2 tsp fresh black peper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 bag lo mein in the frozen deparment at your asian fruit stand or market
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided extra virgin
- 1 red onion, med chopped roughly
- 3-4 scallions stalks chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup bok choy chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets blanched for 3 minutes in the iced bath
- 3 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 3 tbsp sitr fry sauce I used kikomen
- 1-2 tsp fish sauce I used two
- 3 tbs fresh parsley garnish
In a medium size pot bring water to a boil and salt the water. In the mean time devein shrimp rinse let drain then season them with the next 3 ingredients and set aside in a bowl.
In a large wok or skillet on medium heat add 2 tbsp of the olive oil and add the the chopped onions, scallions, bok choy and stir for about 3 minutes then add the garlic and red pepper flakes, careful not to burn the garlic stirring constantly not to let the ingredients stick to the wok, once the onions are translucent remove the ingredients and set aside in a bowl.
Add the broccoli florets to the water and boil for about 3 minutes then remove and place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Once cooled, drain and set aside. In the mean time add the frozen Lo mien to the boiling water and let cook for about 6 to 8 minutes until aldente' do not over cook.
Once noodles are cooked using kitchen shears cut the lo mien into halves careful not to burn your fingers, they are long so randomly cut into halves then drain immediately and set aside.
Add to the wok the remaining 2 tbsp of the olive oil, add the deveined shrimps and cook 2-3 minutes they will continue to cook as you add the sautéed onions, garlic and bok choy, (stirring constantly) add the broccoli, the soy sauce, stir fry sauce, fish sauce and the lo mien noodles using a tong to incorporate all the ingredients. Garnish with the fresh parsley and serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve. the noodles.