Quinoa with Cranberries
- 1 cup quiona
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1-2 tsp cranberries (dry) or whatever dry fruits you prefer
- 1 banana (sm) or 1/2 large banana
- 1-2 tsp slivered almonds toasted or whatever nuts you prefer
- 1-2 tsp coconut chips unsweetened
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp honey or maple syrup or whatever sweeetner you like
Rinse quinoa for about 3 minutes under cold water stirring constantly with a spatula, this step is very important or the quinoa will be very bitter. Once rinsed let quinoa drain for a minute or two in a colander.
In a small pot on medium heat add the coconut oil and then add the drained quiona and toast in the pot for about 2 minutes, then slowly add the water, salt and let boil for (1) one minute, cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
Once quinoa is cooked let it stand for 5 minutes covered then fluff with a fork, add the remainder of the ingredients and enjoy. You can add any liquid to your dish it can be hot or cold soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk or cows milk I prefer mine dry and just warmed.