Orzo Pasta Salad w/Homemade Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
Delicious warm or cold
- 2/3 cup orzo pasta (follow instruction on the box)
- 1 cucumber peeled (chopped I used the one with the seeds)
- 8 -10 Marzani mini tomatos quartered or (grape tomatoes halved)
- 1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp basil leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp parsley (flat leaves)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese (room temperatured)
Lemon vinagrette dressing
- 2-3 tbsp organic lemon juice (fresh lemon juice only)
- 2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar (Braggs)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2-3 tsp honey (I used 3)
- 2-3 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
Peel the cucumber and chop and set aside in a medium bowl, then chop the Marzani tomatoes they are so sweet and perfect for this dish they are rather long so you can chop them long way and get about five nice bite size pieces, then add to the bowl. Chop the remainder of the ingredients and add to the bowl and set aside.
For the lemon vinaigrette add all the ingredients in a mason jar and shake until it is emulsified. It’s as simple as that and taste.
Once the orzo is done drain off the water and add to a large bowl and add the salad and stir in the goat cheese while hot then add about 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and stir.
*This dish taste good warm, room temperature and cold. Save your vinaigrette dressing to add more to the dish or to use on bake chicken or another salad.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]