This is such a delicious and simple soup with just a few ingredients. This soup was made in no time at all and it is great for a light meal on a cold day.
Basil Tomato Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion sm chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 28 oz can whole tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp chicken base
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2-3 tbsp basil fresh choppped extra for garanish
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh chopped
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 2-3 tsp salt to taste
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese fresh grated for garnish
- In a medium pot or 5 quart soup pot add 2 tbs of the olive oil on medium heat once hot add the onions and sautée, stir for about 3 minutes or until translucent, add the garlic and continue to stir and careful not to burn the garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add the can of crush tomatoes and the next 6 ingredients and stir until heated.
- Once everything is heated use a hand held blender and blend until a nice consistency, add your salt and pepper to taste, cover and let simmer on low for about 10 minutes. Once done serve and garnish with fresh parmesan cheese and basil and enjoy. This soup is great with a salad or a nice grilled cheese sandwich or you can even add homemade croutons which ever way you like this is an easy and delicious soup.