Easy Potato Salad
This dish can be on your table in 30 minutes
- 4 potatoes cube 1/4 inch
- 3-4 tbsp mayonaise I used 3
- 1-2 boiled egg chopped, I used 1 egg
- 3 tbsp onions chopped
- 1/4 tsp yellow mustard
- 3-4 tsp sweet relish
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika garnish
- In a small pot add your egg to boil, once it have boiled remove from the heat cover and set aside for 15 minutes the egg will continue to cook.
- Peel the potatoes and cube about 1/4 inch rinse well, in a medium size pot fill with enough water to cover the potatoes, on medium high heat once the potatoes start to boil turn the heat down on low and let cook for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender. Do not over boil your potatoes or you will be eating mashed potato salad, I am no not kidding.
- Once the potatoes are done you must work quickly using a colander pour the potatoes into the colander to rid of the hot water and pour the potatoes back into the pot and run very cold water over the potatoes so the potatoes will stop cooking. You can also fill a glass bowl with cold water add ice once the potatoes are done using a colander pour the potatoes into the colander and then add the potatoes into the cold water bath this will cool the potatoes and stop the cooking process.
- In the mean time run cold water over your boiled egg to cool off chop and set aside using a colander let the cool potatoes drain off excess water add the potatoes into a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except the paprika. Using a spatula mix well then using a fork I want you to smash the potato as if you are making mashed potatoes using this method you will thicken the potato salad to a smooth thick consistency you will break up some of the potato cubes but not all leaving some cubes of potatoes. Once this process is completed add the potato salad to a glass bowl with a cover sprinkle with the paprika and refrigerate until ready to serve.
*You will need about 3 tbsp of salt to salt the water for the potatoes when boiling.